You can use Google Earth to find out.
- Download Google Earth
- Download your state geologic map
- Open the map in Google Earth
- Find the town you're looking for
- Click on the geologic unit (color) covering your area
- A small box should pop up, describing what the rocks are
|Here is my undergraduate college: Hampshire College in Amherst, Massachusetts.|
The image is about 5 miles across, viewed from ~18 miles above.
|If I zoom out so my box is 22 miles across, I can see some of the larger geology of the area.|